Hey friends! It's been a couple weeks since my last post. But honestly, my life has taken a turn for the somewhat normal these past few weeks. Since I arrived back from my 10 days trip to Québec City, things have been almost blissful. But please keep in mind that bliss for me and bliss for the average person are NOT the same thing. Bliss for the average person is probably like that angel in the Philly cream cheese commercials, with the music and the relaxation and all that commercial fun. My relaxation involves, no fighting, cuddles, my puppy, eating, sleeping, going for drives, and best of all, CHRISTMAS! All things Christmas! This year, as soon as I got back from Québec, I decided that I was going to take advantage of the holiday and enjoy it for that much longer, so my tree has been up for weeks! Yes, it's fake, and no, I'm not usually a fan of fakes trees, BUT I want to enjoy my tree right up until the New Year. I had so much fun shopping for new ornaments, picking out a colour scheme, decorating my living room and kitchen. My boyfriend jumped right on board with me and has encouraged my excitement and complimented my decorating skills. So now, each evening, we curl up on the couch with all of our Christmas lights lit up, and watch tv together. This is something we have not done since we moved in together last June. Each evening, I would go in the bedroom to watch 'my' shows, and he would lay on the couch and watch 'his' shows. Now, we watch 'our' shows together, and enjoy each others company. I find myself so thankful that we can fall asleep together, and wake up together each morning. We eat breakfast together, and figure out what we're going to do with our day. I never thought I would appreciate having a partner who works seasonally, but at this stage in my pregnancy I truly appreciate his company, and he has fast become my best friend. But I have to tell you the truth. You will know from reading my posts, that this did not happen over night. My poor boyfriend has been to hell and back with me in the past 5 months, and the fact that he has stuck by me truly amazes me every day.
So let's do a little update on how things are progressing in the baby-growing process. Today I am exactly 21 weeks. I'm feeling pretty good, the past couple days I have barely felt any nausea at all. We actually just spent two days with friends and family on Prince Edward Island. We shopped, and I got my dream pillow, the pregnancy pillow, the mother of ALL pregnancy pillows! Yes, my loving boyfriend bought me a $70 pillow that takes up half of the bed, but supports my extremely sore back while I'm sleeping at night. I have scoliosis, and my doctor warned me that I may have some extreme back pain as my body continues to adjust to the baby during this process, and she was NOT lying. I have had shooting pains on a daily basis, but this pillow is making things much more bearable, as is the my boyfriends willingness to rub my back at any given time, whether I'm driving or laying on the couch. Such an accommodating guy he is. I have had two ultrasounds at this point. My second one was about a week ago, and my little wiggler was stubborn and would NOT let us see their face. At this point, we still don't know if we are having a boy or a girl. My technician moved very quickly over that area of the body, so I didn't even get a glance to see. I do, however, have to go back in on Thursday to have ANOTHER ultrasound because the little bugger wouldn't let use measure their head, because they are so low down they are literally pushing on my bladder. Which explains my constant need to pee. Also, in less than a week, we will be going to Halifax to find out if we are having a boy or a girl! So exciting! I have the strongest instinct that it's a boy. I don't know why, but from day one I have felt that way. I have a lot more boy things than girl things, so I am kind of hoping we are right. I know my boyfriend would love to have a little boy, and so would my parents. But I know his mother is wishing so badly for a girl, she has two grand-sons, and two sons, so a girl on the picture wall would be a dream come true for her. In the mean time, I am just keeping myself busy with my Christmas baking, finishing up my Christmas shopping, and enjoying the company of my loves.
I have gained 25 pounds so far in my pregnancy, and according to most sources, that is the average weight gain during an entire pregnancy. However, after a few tearful weigh-ins at my prenatal visits, my doctor finally had to tell me that I am perfectly healthy, and have nothing to worry about, and she predicts I will be able to lose most of my weight with no problem. So I'm just continuing to eat healthy, and enjoy the occasional bag of chips or poutine. My advice to my fellow preggos during the holiday season? Enjoy your favorite treats, have an extra cookie, or a candy cane hot chocolate. Relax, enjoy the holiday music and movies, let the excitement overtake you, and think ahead to a year from now, when we will be planning our little ones very first Christmas! Don't feel bad for a single indulgence, the holidays often involve over indulgence in alcohol and partying, so what the hell are we supposed to do at these parties? Eat, obviously! Let people touch our bellies? If you want! No matter what you prefer, just enjoy this time, it's all yours! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment