Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Bubble Girl?

So, I'm in one of those moods. If know me, you'll know that when I get in one of THOSE moods, it usually results in verbal diarrhea. God help us all. I've decided the safest thing to do is channel my thoughts into this blog post. Chances are, anyone who reads this will either be going through the exact same thing, or have already experienced it. If you have yet to enjoy these emotions, brace yourself, they WILL come. I've touched on friendship and pregnancy several times in past posts. But, I have never truly divulged my inner feelings about the relation between the two. Honestly, I am learning more and more, that your friendships WILL be affected by your pregnancy. Now here is the thing, all of our non-preggo friends just don't seem to get the fact that we actually can do just about anything they can. The only thing I can't do is eat a bunch of raw fish and get hammered. Although I would never, pregnant or not, do those two things at the same time anyway! Yes, I'm back on this. But only because the holidays are supposed to be a time where you spend time with your friends, where we make that extra effort. You know, peace on earth, all that junk. Bottom line is that it's just too damn peaceful at my house these days. People say 'Oh, I see that you're baking an awful lot lately'. Why yes, I am. But it's only because I'm bored out of my damn mind, and the highlight of my day is finding a new recipe, but in the meantime I am going to end up giving it all to my parents, because I basically have no one else in my life these days, other than my poor boyfriend. I truly feel bad for him, I can't count the times I have to cried to him about this whole 'friend' issue. Each time he says, 'well you've got me'. I cry even harder, and say 'IT'S NOT THE SAAAAME'. He means well, but I don't think he gets that I miss my girlfriends. I miss going for drives, I miss just hanging out, I miss having someone to go shopping with, go for lunch with. I wouldn't even mind going to a bar, and drinking water but just being around my friends. But somehow, when you get pregnant, I think people assume you want to sit home and eat ice cream and watch sappy movies. Well yes, sometimes I do want to do that. But doesn't any normal girl want to do that sometimes, pregnant or not? Before long I will be exhausted from feedings, sleepless nights, changing diapers, and trying to keep my home in order. So right now, I'm trying to enjoy my last few months of freedom. So it would be nice to have those friends around. So of all my posts, I would say this one probably takes the cake for most negative. However, it had to be said. Don't give up on your preggo friends, and don't count them out. They still have all the same needs they had before. In fact, they might even need you a bit more now than they did before. Just something to remember. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment