Thursday, September 12, 2013

Today is today.. and tomorrow is another today.

So, I'm going jump right into my latest battle. Losing this post-pregnancy weight. During my pregnancy, as most of you know, I gained roughly 100 pounds. I was somewhat conscious of what I ate, but I was pathetic in the exercising department. Not even three months before I learned that I was 'with child', I was on  a mission to lead a healthy, active lifestyle. Then, BOOM, dropped the ball, big time. I guess my partner didn't really help my cause. He was encouraging me to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I wasn't eating a LOT, I was making poor choices. But then again, for some reason, my intense morning sickness, incessant throwing up, and the thought of food making me gag, should have helped me with my growing bulge. Buuut, my sick self didn't want to eat a carrot, I reached for packets of that horrible, salty Lipton soup. I had no energy to cook, so my boyfriend would bring home food, from just about anywhere, none of it healthy. So, by the time I was ready to give birth, my weight was teetering around 278 pounds. I was exhausted, sore, and impossible to be around. Who wants to carry around an extra 100 pounds! I wasn't used to it.
Well, within the first 10 days of giving birth, almost 50 pounds dropped off of me (mostly in fluid). Then, I found myself in a plateau. Five months later, I'm still here, hanging out in the plateau. Let me tell you, I'm about to lose it! I have been trying to watch what I eat. But with a baby that demands me attention ALL day long, and gives me very little time to shower or even use the bathroom, much less cut up veggies for a salad, I am at a loss for ideas. We try to go for walks every evening. But I know it's not enough. I have back fat that touches. Yes, I know you don't need to know this, but it's quite the issue for me. My back kills me, because my stomach muscles are still not working themselves back what they were post c-section. I have NO clothing that fit me! I rotate between black spandex capris, black jogging pants, black yoga pants, and  pair of black elastic waisted shorts. I got away with dresses for most of the summer. But now Fall is approaching, and my size has not decreased. My sweater are all tight in the sleeves, and my pants are all tight in the legs. Lets not even discuss my waist. I'm eating healthier than I was even during my pregnancy, and still, no change. I accept that it takes time to regain you pre-pregnancy size, and that it may never actually happen. But it sure would be nice to be able to fit my arms into a sweater.
So, this has turned into more of a rant than anything. But today, I feel like ranting. I'm tired, sweaty, fat and kind of sad. Today is a crap day. Here's to hoping tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment